As a small business owner, you have a million responsibilities. We can assist you with some or all of your Human Resources needs so you can focus on operating and growing your business!
As a small business owner, you have a million responsibilities. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your business is compliant with all the hundreds or thousands of Human Resources and state and/or federal labor laws and legislations. This is where your CA HR Services partners can make a difference to your business.
Our experts understand what it takes to operate a small business and can therefore step in at any moment to help guide you through this risky terrain and give you the peace of mind you need so you can do what’s most important: focus on running and growing your business!
Let CA HR Services experts remove any worries you might have about being compliant by performing the following:
- Perform a full audit of your practices, systems and policies to ensure that your organization meets its labor law requirements. Areas of audit include recruitment, hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, workers’ compensation, leaves of absence, training and development, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Audit your current documents, forms and legal posters to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Create and/or update your employee handbook to ensure full compliance with applicable laws.
- Review and suggest practices that ensure your business and management practices are not discriminating against any protected groups and/or putting your business at risk.
- Review and update job descriptions and ensure that exempt (salary) vs. non-exempt (hourly) are properly and legally classified and working for you; not against you!
- Ensure that you are meeting your requirements under wage and hour laws including proper overtime pay, meal and break periods, sick leave laws, timekeeping and other hot topic issues.
- Ensure that you are meeting state and federal training and anti-discrimination, anti-harassment and anti-retaliation laws.
- Ensure that you are properly, legally and consistently addressing employee performance and behavioral issues in a manner that improves performance and morale, reduce your legal risk, and keep your unemployment claims to a minimum. (While we're on the topic of unemployment, ask us about our unemployment win rates!)
- Ensure that you have a formal Performance Review and Appraisal system that promotes good communication and keeps your employees happy and productive.
- Ensure that you properly address leaves of absence and disability regulations and not place your company at risk of discrimination.
- And ensure that you have a series of policies, procedures, practices and checks and balances for all hiring through termination practices that are legal, compliant and consistent!
To find out more about our services or how we can assist your small business, contact us for a risk-free, no obligation free proposal!